Like this website? Vote here
Medigap plan N has become a very popular option for people looking to complete their Medicare coverage with a Medicare supplement. If you came looking to get a set of quotes for Medicare supplement plan N then use the form on this page to get started or you can keep reading as we break down the coverage that you get with Medicare plan N.
Medigap Plan N Coverage
Each of the ten Medigap plans cover a different number or conversation of the nine coverage gaps in traditional Medicare coverage. Medigap Plan N has coverage for seven of the nine gaps. The Medicare plan N coverage includes:
- 100% coverage for Medicare Part A coinsurance and any expenses up to 365 days after your Medicare benefits are used up.
- 100% of the cost of the first three pints of blood
- 100% coverage for skilled nursing care and hospice care
- 100% coverage of the Medicare Part A deductible
- Coverage for foreign travel emergencies
- Coverage for the Medicare Part B copayment. With Medicare supplement plan N you are required to make a copayment of $20 for doctor’s office visits and $50 for emergency room visits that do not result in you being admitted for inpatient care.
What Medicare Supplement Plan N Does Not Cover?
The only two gaps that Medigap plan N does not cover are the Medicare Part B deductible of $147 per year and any excess charges above the Medicare approved amount that fall under Medicare Part B. For some people this causes them to look at Medigap plan F because it does not have copayments and covers the two above gaps.
Why buy Medicare Plan N over other Medigap Plans?
The reason that many people purchase Medigap plan N over any of the other Medicare supplements is that it can be a very affordable plan. If your doctor does not go over the Medicare approved amounts and the annual premiums for Medicare plan N are less than the $147 Medicare Part B deductible then you end up with a plan that is better for you. The key is to do your homework and get multiple Medicare supplement plan N, plan f, and any of the other plans to do a proper comparison of what plan is right for you. So the answer to this question is you should buy Medigap plan N if it is the right plan for your needs.
Working with an agent is the best way to make sure you get the best plan with the best rates. You can get a set of Medicare Plan N quotes by filling out the form on this page. Our team will get you a set of Medicare supplement plan n quotes for the best companies in your area as well as for the other Medigap plans that make sense for your needs.